6 Inch Two Piece Pitching Mound
The 6 Inch Two Piece Portable Game Mound is perfect for multi-use fields. With its ability to break down into two parts, this mound is even easily for rec teams or tournament directors to set up the mound quickly and efficiently. By taking their already lightweight design and breaking it down into two pieces, they have truly created the most portable pitching mound on the market. The way Portolite is able to make these mounds so light is with the use of their full body, high performance poly protected core with fiberglass reinforcements for increased support. All of Portolite’s mounds are made with the highest-grade nylon astroturf so you can be assured that these mounds are built to last. With a gentle slope and a sturdy landing area, pitchers will feel comfortable when landing and getting into a position to field a ground ball. The 6 Inch Pitcher’s Mound will give little leaguers the closest possible feel to being on a real dirt mound.
The 6 Inch Two Piece Game Mound Is Regulation Dimensions For
• Little League – Minor and Major divisions
• Babe Ruth’s Cal Ripken – Rookie, Minor, and Major/60 divisions
• Dixie League – AA, AAA, and Major divisions
• Pony League – Bronco division
About the New Portolite Mound
Portolite’s newest and most innovative mound yet. They have taken the original Full Length Game mound and made it even lighter and more portable! The Two-Piece mound easily breaks down making it much more manageable to not only move, but also store away. By cutting the length of the mound in two, you will be able to store this mound just about anywhere. When the Two-Piece Portable Mound is fully assembled, the two pieces are connected by their dual hook system. When pitchers are pitching from this mound, they will not feel any difference between the two-piece design and the original one-piece design. Portolite has done an amazing job with making their two-piece mounds link together flush and sturdy.
- Heavy Duty Core– The Portolite Mound has a poly protected, resilient core. This core is meant for solid performance and durability. The core also has fiberglass reinforcements which further strengthens the core of the mound. The fiberglass reinforcements allow’s for a no bounce, yet cushioned mound that helps reduce stress on the pitcher’s knees and ankles.
- High Quality Turf– The Portolite Mound has a poly protected, resilient core. This core is meant for solid performance and durability. The core also has fiberglass reinforcements which further strengthens the core of the mound. The fiberglass reinforcements allow’s for a no bounce, yet cushioned mound that helps reduce stress on the pitcher’s knees and ankles.
- Portability– All Portolite Mounds are constructed to be a lightweight and portable without sacrificing any strength to the core of the mound. The 6” Full Length Mound is only 120 pounds. This makes it very easy to move for two people. If you are planning on moving the mound a lot, this mound would be perfect for you!
- Hidden Wear Pad– The hidden wear pad is located right in front of the pitching rubber. This area has the most wear and tear since the pitcher is starting his stride from this location. The wear pad helps prevent the wear and tear, greatly prolonging the durability of the turf.
- Tapered Edges– The Portolite 6” Full Length Mound is designed with tapered edges. This allows for a gradual slope. There are “no-lips” on this mound which ensures the players’ safety and allows for easy pick off moves and making plays off of the mound.
- Strengthened Pitching Rubber– The strengthened rubber lasts 10 times longer than the traditional rubber.
- 10 Year Warranty on the core of the mound
- Made in USA!– All Portolite products are manufactured in Minnesota!
Coach Brian –
We also have the Portolite 6″ Full Size Mound and loved it. So I decided to purchase the 2-piece version as we have a couple fields where we have to move the mound between. Super easy to detach, move, and put back together.